Lectures: Important material from the text and outside sources will be covered in class. Students should plan to take careful notes as not all material can be found in the text and readings. Discussion is encouraged as is student-procured, outside material relevant to topics being covered.
· Homework Problems: Problems will be periodically assigned to help support and supplement class discussions and demonstrations. WeBWork assignments will be made and are expected to be completed on time.
· Worksheets: The class will be divided into work groups to complete these assignments. It will involve work time both inside and outside class time.
· Quizzes: Periodically there will be in-class quizzes. There will be no make up for missed quizzes.
· Tests: There will be 4 tests during the semester. Each test will be preceded by sample of possible of problems
· Labs: There will be 3 laboratories during the semester. Group work is encouraged.
· Final Examination: There is a departmental final exam.
· Internet: All materials - Class notes, instructional material, and student assignments - will be distributed on the Blackboard and Internet at www.vincesplace.com .
Your final grade will be determined on the total points which you have
No grade will be assigned until all of the assignments are completed. Submission of assignments in electronic form (e-mail) is preferred when possible.